Tuesday

Lace+Peonies Skirt


This skirt was inspired by some gorgeous wide-legged trousers that I saw in an Anthropologie catalog.
The lovely floral fabric is an Amy Butler print cotton. The satin-y fabric is something that I found as a remnant from a bolt, there was just enough to do the color-block ruffle.
I was really glad to find it, as I was searching for such a specific color/fabric and was having a really hard time locating what I was looking for...
It is a long a-line skirt with an elastic waistband.
Skirts like these are a really gratifying project/ they are so quick to make.
It can feel rather tedious to spend hours and hours on individual projects, I often space the steps far apart.

2 comments:

  1. I adore how the skirt goes from a quiet and more subdued color to a bright, vivacious, and bold pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you very much :):):)
    I call that color "peony" because I have a row of peonies out in my garden that are that exact color, I had been looking for something that was exactly that shade and texture. :)

    ReplyDelete